Retinoids are a class of compounds that derive from Vitamin A. They have many uses in cosmetics to help reduce wrinkles and signs of aging.
- Influences the environment in the pores by stimulating desquamation of abnormal epithelium to help unclog congested pores
- Corrects photoaging by stimulating skin cell differentiation
- Stimulates dispersion of melanin granules to improve hyperpigmentation
- Stimulates skin thickening by increasing cell proliferation thus resulting in the formation of new collagen
- With consistent long-term use, helps to preserve existing collagen be preventing collagenase